Thursday, February 25, 2010

Liz got a job!!!

HOORAY!!! I (Liz) got a job this week! I have been applying around since I got here and I finally got a call on Monday to go in for an interview on Tuesday. God is sooo amazing! He always provides exactly what we need :-) That's why they call Him Jehovah Jireh! I had orientation later in the afternoon on Tuesday and then Wednesday I worked a full shift to be trained and Friday I go in at (gulp!) 5:30am for a few hours to be trained on giving meds. It's a CNA on call position at an assisted living facility. They do 12 1/2 hour shifts 6:45am-7:15pm or 6:45pm to 7:15am. The job is going to work really well for us because it will only end up being a few days a week and that gives me plenty of free time to still work on the house! And the best part is that they are going to give me the whole month of June off for the wedding!!! God knew what He was doing! Even though it's an on call position they call often...I already am working a shift for one of the gals in a couple of weeks and they called me in tonight to work but I'm not finished with my training yet...Russell and I are both really excited and I feel like getting this job is really going to help me adapt even more to being here. Thank you all so much for all of your prayers!

P.S.
Things with the house are starting to pick up again. For the past two weeks my dad and I have traded places being sick but now that we are both feeling better we have been able to get more done. We have finished all of the plumbing and electrical issues and now we are finishing up the drywall patches. It's all down hill from here as my dad says! We are so excited to see all the progress and Russ and I can't wait until after the wedding when we can just move in and relax! And it will be fun to get to have everyone over to show it off! Thanks to everyone for their help and support we really appreciate all that has been done!

No comments:

Post a Comment