Well hello again! Surprised to hear from us? I know, I know it's been awhile...but blame it on being newlyweds! After reading some blogs of friends I decided that it's time to get back into the swing of things! So...what has happened in the year since we've written? Good question...let's see...
We had our first married Christmas last year, I hit a milestone of having stayed in one job for (gasp!) over a year (almost 2 now!). We celebrated our first year of marriage in June!!!! And we have both turned 25 and 30...and we have just graduated from our MAPP parenting class which allows us to become foster parents (more on this later). Also my Dad is back! Kevin pulled into town on Friday the 21st after 72 hours of driving over 3,000 miles. He drove a uhaul with all of my things from Oregon storage. So it's official now! I now completely live here in Florida (after almost 2 years! Can you believe it?!)! My Mom will be here next month, the weekend after Thanksgiving, and I am so very happy to have some family visit since we haven't seen anyone from my side of the fam since the wedding last year. Oh and...WE ARE GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE AND UNCLE!!!! My sis Sarah is having the first grandbaby and we couldn't be more excited! Baby Wear is due to greet the world in early March 2012.
We can't believe it's already been over a year that we have been husband and wife! It has been such a sweet time and the Lord really blessed us :-) <3 Part of me feels like it's gone so fast and the other part feels as though we have always been together (in a good way). It has been a journey to see where God has been leading us. One of the biggest changes is us preparing to become foster parents. Russ and I feel like this is where God has been leading us for some time now, and what we have left to do now is go through all of the "red tape" to make it happen. There is so much to it that we never even realized was there. We are very excited to see what opportunities God is going to put forth for us. Right now we feel that fostering is the best option for us but we are keeping our hearts open to the idea of one day adopting. But one thing at a time. I have baby fever something fierce and it's something that God has really been working on me with to give up my desires to Him, trust that He will do what He sees best in His own time, and for me to be patient and continue seeking Him first in all things. It's funny how you grow up and imagine that your life will end up a certain way and then you end up years later looking at how things are completely different and yet you thank God for all the blessings along the way and for the things that you never thought were possible. God truly is so good! So...now that I have talked your ear off...or perhaps in this case your eyes...I'll let you go until the next post. I really would like to make a goal to write more often. But that's more for me than anything else. See y'all soon!!!
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment