Wow! How is it already 11-11-11?! Happy Veteran's Day! I am so thankful to all of my family and friends who have served and are serving (as well as to all the rest of the great men and women of the armed forces out there!).
Russ and Dad have been busy! They tore down the old shed that was in the backyard and they are reusing the wood to build shelves and work stations in the garage. Russ wants to start "wood working" projects :-) It will be really helpful to have the extra storage space. Once they finish that up they will start building shelves in the laundry room for a new pantry. Then I will have some space to start putting away all the dishes I found in boxes. Unpacking is taking some time. My mom will be here in two weeks (eek!) and I am looking forward to having her help organizing this stuff.
We are still working on getting all of our I's dotted and our T's crossed for foster care but we are still really excited. It's just taking more time than we anticipated but we can't wait for the opportunity to start loving on these kids.
Now we are just working on gearing up for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now that we know what we are responsible for bringing to dinner I can focus on nagging...er...I mean, politely asking Russ when we can get our tree and put up our lights outside. I am ready! This is my favorite time of year :-)
Friday, November 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment