Well...I feel like I am always starting off my posts by apologizing...I just have such a hard time being consistent with posting! I'm probably the only one who even reads this but I guess this is just as much for me as for anyone else...
So....let's play a little catch up since I haven't posted in 9, almost 10 months!
My Dad went home the first week of March and we were so thankful for his visit as we were able to get a bunch more house projects finished. Austin and Laura moved in with us at the end of Feburary as they started the process of buying their first home. And my sister, Sarah, had her baby in March!! Little miss Eleanor Avery was born on March 9th at 1:31am and was 7lbs 14oz and 21inches. She is the cutest thing ever! I was able to fly out and visit for two weeks which was so nice. It was great to get to see all of my family and spend time with my new little niece. There was also something else that happened...hmm...oh ya...we found out that WE were EXPECTING our first little one the day that I flew out to Oregon!!! After returning from Oregon and verifying the pregnancy we learned that our baby would be due 11-25-12. And boy were we excited! It was so much fun to tell all of our family and friends the good news :-). After that life sort of went back into a routine for us. We were able to find out baby gender in July...GIRL!!! So then we got to have some more fun telling friends and family that news. Austin and Laura ended up moving out at the begining of September and after some hiccups and frustrations with timing and God working out the right house for them they are scheduled to close on their first home here in the next few weeks! We are so excited for them and can't wait to help them get settled! So really the rest of the year has been normal life for us. Both still working (although I go on maternity leave in 3 more weeks!) and getting the house ready for baby as well as trying to finish projects that we know we won't have time for later! We were able to go on one last vacation before baby arrives (a babymoon if you will). We went to Orlando this past month and had a fun time getting away for a few days. We went to Animal Kingdom at Disney World one day and it was my first time at Disney World and Russ had never been to Animal Kingdom so we both had a really great time.
I'll be 36 weeks along this weekend so we are spending these last 4 or so weeks finishing up the nursery, cleaning and organizing the house, gearing up for the holiday season and putting baby stuff everywhere (or so it seems haha) and preparing the guest room for my mom who will be here in 3 weeks! Still quite a few things on our to do list but we are looking forward to our last few weeks of "freedom" and getting ready to welcome baby and start our new little family. Can't wait to meet her!
Hopefully posts won't be so far apart...I'm hoping to change things up a little and post other things as well (like baby updates, recipes, crafts...) so that this blog is less like a diary. With a new baby that might be a bit of challenge but we shall see how this all works out. Right now I need to sign off and go get ready for Halloweenival downtown! Woohoo!
Friday, October 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment