Man. We are currently taking a leadership class at church and can I just say that so far it is kicking my butt. The first few classes have been about learning what our heart issues are and how to ask better questions, basically its to build a solid foundation in our hearts to make us better leaders later on. It has definitely sparked a lot of conversation between Russ and me and it has also been challenging me in other areas. Not fun all the time but definitely needed.
In other news...Russ survived his first week in his new position. He says it has been really nice and so far so much less stress. I'm definitely seeing that at home already. He has a few more days of training this week and then he will start his own hours (right now he is "shadowing" another worker to learn the ropes and she is on a different schedule than he will be). We are super excited to have him start getting home at 5:30 instead of 7-7:30 :)
My sister Sarah is counting down the days until she meets her little one. Only a few more weeks left! She just had her baby shower yesterday (sad to have missed it!) and she had a lot of fun! We skyped after her party and she showed me all of her goodies. I am so excited to get there and meet her babe! I know I have been talking about Sarah in each blog but I am just super excited! Russ and I have been making and finalizing plans for when I go out to Oregon to visit. I'm hoping it all works out well because I am really looking forward to the visit. The one sad part is that Russ isn't going to be able to come this time :( But we are planning to go back this year for a family reunion...that's still TBD so we shall see about that.
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment