Saturday, January 21, 2012

New Year!

We got to do so many fun little trips while my parents were here! This is them taking their "christmas card photo" by the pool to make people jealous haha!

Sunset on the Gulf coast <3 <3



Gatorland! It was so much fun!





St. Augustine was a great day trip







This is us at the fort in St. Augustine



I am just not a very good blogger! However, with the new year and renewed addiction to pinterest and etsy I have been inspired to try to blog more often. Not really because I think what I have to say is that important or that people are going to flock from all over to read it just because, mainly I would like to do something consistently. I use to write all the time and I find that now I'm lucky to write even a few words here or there. We'll see what happens!

Well, the holidays came and went and they ended up being really nice and relaxed this year. It was so great to have my parents here for the holidays. I needed my mom! With her help we were able to get so much accomplished! We went through basically all of my things from storage and were able to organize, give away, and find places to put all of the things that I haven't had for so long. We are excited to continue to get the house "put together". There are still quite a few projects here and there but we have come such a long way since purchasing the house that it is finally starting to take shape as our home :-)


Mom went back west after Christmas and Dad is still here working on some last few projects with us that needed to get done in order for us to become licensed foster parents. My sister is having her baby shower next weekend and I'm sad not to be there but also really excited that she is getting so close to having my first niece or nephew (she doesn't know the gender)! If everything works out then I will be going to visit in March once she has that baby <3

The new year has brought some exciting changes to our household. After much prayer and anticipation, Russ finally got transferred to a new position at work. All in God's timing! We are super excited! He will have better hours and a little bit of a shorter commute and he will be in a new building that has a really nice gym and nature walk. God really is so good. We are looking forward to seeing what other changes 2012 will bring. Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment